We believe that America's military strength begins at home. That's why housing our service men and women is our number one priority. We are proud to offer active duty service members a great place to live, plus a few extra perks along the way.
All qualified military applicants enjoy these benefits:
- Unbeatable commute
- Camaraderie and community right in your neighborhood
- Indoor and outdoor amenities for residents of all ages, including a resort-style pool, basketball courts, state-of-the-art fitness center with Cross Fit gym
- Convenient access to on-base shopping and dining
- Gated community
- No application fee
- No security deposit
- BAH covers monthly rent, maintenance, trash disposal, community events, and utility allowance
As an active-duty service member, you can apply as soon as you are notified of a potential assignment to The Villages at Fort Irwin or another nearby installation. When you're ready:
- Review the Housing Qualifications and compile necessary documentation.
- Download and complete the Military Application Form below.
- Email the documents required by the Family Housing Qualifications and completed Military Application Form to The Villages at Fort Irwin Community Director, Adam Hay.
- If you have less than 30 days of leave you no longer have to sign into post to sign for a home. Just fill out the AG Replacement Form below, get a stamp from AG replacement then submit to housing at your lease signing.
We will then process your information and reach out to schedule a tour. Once you have received your official orders and are detached from your current station, we will assign you to your new home.
The Villages at Fort Irwin has adopted the RCI Waiting List Procedures Policy initiated by General Lynch that states the following:
- Active duty service members with current orders are eligible to apply for on‐post housing. They are allowed to submit applications in advance and may be placed on the wait list prior to reporting to their new duty station, as verified by their orders.
- Applicants will be placed on the waitlist based on their rank and number of family members. Additionally, they will be placed on the waitlist with an effective date equal to the date that the service member departed the last duty station.
- If applicant applies after 30 days of arrival, they will be placed on waitlist with an effective date equal to the date of application. Otherwise, the effective date that all supporting documentation is received.
Please note that all applicants are required to submit the following documentation: Copy of current orders, proof of dependents, Leave Form, Copy of Driver’s license, Completed housing application, and Current LES showing BAH or approved DA 5960.
* Failure to provide copies of the above listed documents will result in an administrative hold position on the waitlist and will not be offered a home until all documents are received.
** Key and Essential Personnel are the only individuals that take priority. The Key and Essential list is maintained by the Garrison Commander.
About the Military Housing Privatization Initiative
The Villages at Fort Irwin is a Military Housing Privatization Initiative community. Established in 1996, the initiative was enacted to improve the lives of service men and women by providing them with high quality housing. MHPI leverages the experience and expertise of the private sector to offer updated, well-designed homes and professional, effective management services to the members of our armed forces so that they, and their families, may feel secure at home. As part of MHPI, The Villages at Fort Irwin is an affordable and well-maintained housing option.