Civilian [si-vil-yuh n] noun. a person who is not on active duty with a military organization. That's probably you, and that's great because Fort Irwin is the perfect fit for everyone from budding families to seasoned DoD employees and contractors.
Behind the Gate,
Living at Fort Irwin is just like living in any other rental community, except we offer perks you'd be hard pressed to find elsewhere:
- Gated community with professional access control
- Indoor and outdoor amenities for residents of all ages, including a resort-style pool, basketball courts, state-of-the-art fitness center, and tot lots
- Top-tier schools right on base
- Thoughtfully designed two-, three-, and four-bedroom homes
- Private fenced-in backyards and patio space
- Unbeatable commute to projects on Fort Irwin
- Monthly utility allowance included
Ready to call The Villages at Fort Irwin home? Let's get started. Complete our online application form and submit the following:
- Download and complete the Civilian Application and Exemption to Policy forms below.
- Copy of government-issued ID
- Copy of social security card
- Copy of DD214 form if retired military
- Proof of employment via 90 days worth of pay stubs or Employment Acceptance Letter or Contract showing the rate of pay
- Non-refundable application fee
- Email the completed forms and supplemental documents to The Village at Fort Irwin's Property Manager, Adam Hay.
Next, we'll run a criminal background check and credit report. Once the application has been approved, you can move into your new home and take advantage of the spacious floor plans and ample outdoor amenities our community has to offer.
About the Military Housing Privatization Initiative
The Villages at Fort Irwin is a Military Housing Privatization Initiative community. Established in 1996, the initiative was enacted to improve the lives of service men and women by providing them with high quality housing. MHPI leverages the experience and expertise of the private sector to offer updated, well-designed homes and professional, effective management services to the members of our armed forces so that they, and their families, may feel secure at home. As part of MHPI, The Villages at Fort Irwin is an affordable and well-maintained housing option.